Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reuse your Flash games code (as much as you can!)

Let me guess something: when you are designing your latest game, you start with a working prototype, design a couple of levels, maybe add some cute graphics then… in most case you abandon the project.

Since it happens quite often to me, I tried to focus on what is making me drop a project.

And I found once I have an almost working game, I get bored when it’s time to add splash screen, buttons, music, level selection, third part APIs, and all that stuff which isn’t related to the game itself.

So I decided to build some kind of framework/template which will do the boring job for me, letting me focus on what’s really importat: making games.

Look at these level selection screens:

Level select reuse

I made them in a minute, just changing some variables in my template.

Let me explain the concept: this is the class of the level selection screen itself:

Read more: Reuse your Flash games code (as much as you can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment